Followers

Saturday 17 February 2018

The writing on the wall



Hello my crafty peeps I hope you are all well.
I have something different to share with you today as you know I  have decided to dip my fingers into mixed media and art journaling and have covered a couple of art journal books all ready for me start, so I thought I better make a start.


So for my first page this is what I came up with and I have to say I’m really pleased with it. I used a couple of new things to me on it hoping they turned out OK and they really did.
Firstly I stamped the image which is called Francesca she is one of the Wonky Tonk Girls by Tracy Easson. I love these girls (yes I have them all eekkk). I coloured her with my polychrome onto watercolour card. Now I went for a darker skin tone as I knew the background was going to be darker in places. I’m really pleased with how she turned out considering I usually do a lighter tone, and of course she rocks the pink hair!!

For the background I gesso’d the page firstly then added my texture paste (this is the other first) usually I use homemade texture paste, but I saw somewhere (proably in youtube) you can use poly filer. So I was intrigued and so I brought some I got the interior kind which is finer and more smooth in texture and the exterior which is more coarse. I used both on the page using the exterior on the brick stencil and the finer one on the bubbles and cross effect.  The brick and dots stencil are by Imagination Crafts and the other one is by Creative Expression.(all links below)


The ink sprays I used were by cosmic shimmer and ranger distress sprays
Once I was happy with the colour I let it dry then stamped some of the small stamps which came with the Wonky Tonk Girls and then I also used a mini script stamp from paperArtsy just to add interest.
I wanted the wall to look a little like it had been graffitied so I took the word stamps from the Wonky Tonk Girls stamped them onto a coloured water coloured scrap I had then fussy cut them out then added to the wall randomly.

To finish off I added some gilding wax here and there and there you have it. I hope you like it as much as I do and I’ll see you soon.
Links to find the downloads and all things me and what I have used








Challenges








Happy Crafting
Jacki xx

7 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful color and texture! This cute image reminds me of the old, old movie, Cinderella. LOL Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you will join us again soon.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! what an incredible "arty" result you have on this page. Fabulous Jacki.
Faith
x

Arlene said...

What a great start to your mixed media journal. Wonderful style and colors. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld Blog.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow this looks great. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Happy to repeat with my DT hat on, I love this creation. Thank you for sharing your wonderful page with us at Morgans Artworld. - Faith DT

Special Thoughts said...

Hi Jacki. This is an amazing piece of artwork. Fab image so wonderfully coloured, lots of fabulous detail and texture too. Great job.
Love Sandra xxxxxx

Tania said...

Gorgeous, love the images and textures! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)